Featured Post

Book Review: Soulless by MV Kasi

Good day ppl!

Another blockbuster or Bestseller from MV Kasi is in the form of Soulless. I love the way she weaves multiple topics into one story.

Do read her That Same Old Love and our Book Review: That Same Old Love by MV Kasi
Guest post: You say you are a Bold Heroine romance addict.How do create your characters? to MV Kasi



As she said in her Guest Post: Is this a stand alone novel or sequel to That Same Old love? to MV Kasi This is a Book Series.
This series is totally different from a normal Romance novel. It will haunt you and keep you hooked.

Warning:This may cause emotional turmoil, anger issues, make you ignore your daily tasks,...
By the end of it I was boiling and was thinking of all kinds of horrific punishments for the villain of the book. I also wanted to shout at MV Kasi coz the story will be continued in the next book. :( Why didnt you say earlier that it was a Book Series :|

Story:
Sia Sampath is a 23yr old but has deep scares, addictions, fears which keep her up at night. She has several phobias, is mentally disturbed and has been over the edge many times since her teens. She has resigned to live her life with it. She is a survivor.
But she has recently learned about the monster who is responsible for the tattered life she has been living. The monster is still alive. She wants revenge, so she plots and plans along with battling her various issues. That is her mission now and she has to rope in a prey to help her achieve one part of her mission.
This prey Ajay turns out to be the spark in her life and even if she has no soul left, heart yearns for the some love which was never a part of her life. This person was supposed to be collateral damage but is growing more meaning in her life.

Will Sia be able to avenge her lost childhood and life? Can she be as emotionless as she has turned herself into?

What I liked:
God ! The emotional turmoil it caused in me. Kudos to MV Kasi for bringing those emotions out in her characters and the reader too.
 I was seething, remorseful, aloof on the 2-3 days I took to finish this book. I was trying to take breaks while reading it but I would catch myself feeling sorry, victorious, angry as Sia was progressing with her plan even when I was not reading it. The reason for taking so many days to write the Review is the same, I was postponing the same emotional upheaval I will go through again :) But its a good book and it demands a Review.

The flashbacks and present episodes which trigger the flashback are interlocked perfectly. The story goes at a steady, fast pace throughout the book. I couldn't think of any part which was not needed.

The characters are deep. Even Varun or Anjali and the best Dr.Patel are like the cement which makes the story solid strong.
The physical chemistry between Sia and Ajay is Hot and addictive. Also the slow falling in love is adorable. The withdrawal of Sia is saddening. Ajay with his small gestures helps her out, makes you root for him and thank god for getting both of them together.

The research into life's of person dealing with addictions, fears, nightmares, abuse, suicide ... and their treatment. Loved the way the treatment and Sia's recovery is carefully weaved into the story. It doesn't sound miraculous or magical. The reason for her addictions, the deep emotional linking to certain episodes in her life, the body-mind survival tactics to fend us or heal us. My heart bled for the survivors. Hats off to doctors and centers operated by Dr.Patel.

The little details of how a person with such a past would try to brace themselves and build their Armour from further hurt. Sia's ritual of checking all doors, windows, behind curtains, below bed for possible predators. The doors which have multiple layers of security and rooms to be sound proof to cancel her blood curdling screams at night. The way she gets panic attacks with strangers in a few meters radius around her. Her lack of friends or social life.

The fitness element got me into a mindset of daily fitness routine. Loved the way Sia and Ajay follow it religiously. I want to go back to running and kick-boxing now. Hope soon ;)

The thrilling moments or steps to get closer on their enemy are nail biting.

What I wanted more:
The point which made me a little angry with Sia was: She too like the mother who adopted her was getting a child for a specific agenda. The child was a means to a Goal. May it be handing over her Empire or gaining on her enemy. Sad, Sia's child too will have a set agenda for being born. Or is it part of the Series, Manya?

The fitness regime level and the sexual activity during pregnancy are a little too much to digest ;) Manya, you should set a Disclaimer or warning about it.

The point which got me angry with the Author. There was no mention the Book is part of a Series. I was on pins and needles waiting for the climax only to discover its a cliff-hanger. Now I cant wait for the next Book: Ruthless.

Hope this review or the Story itself will make you head to Amazon and buy your copy right now!

Grab  your copy @




Let us know your reactions to MV Kasi's writings :)

Till then Bye. Take care.
Read more posts about this book at:


Comments

Sunita Saldhana said…
"I was seething, remorseful, aloof on the 2-3 days I took to finish this book. I was trying to take breaks while reading it but I would catch myself feeling sorry, victorious, angry as Sia was progressing with her plan even when I was not reading it. The reason for taking so many days to write the Review is the same," My feelings exactly!
Nilima Mohite said…
:D Same pinch then Sunita. Its a good book & Author Manya knows how to get under our skin. Hope to read the next book in the series soon.